Talk: Your team can be ten times better
What does that mean? That means your professional team can accomplish 10x more work, do it with 10x more quality, 10x faster, or with 10x less resources. Your family can be 10x happier. Your school can be 10x more effective at helping people learn. Your community group can be 10x better at making life better for the people it serves. Even you yourself can be 10x more effective at getting what you want.
In other words, you can be great. Your team can be great.
Can you say these things about your teams?
- My projects are completed effortlessly on schedule and in budget every time.
- Every team I’ve ever been on has shared a vision.
- In meetings, we only ever do what will get results.
- No one blames “management,” or anyone else, if they don’t get what they want.
- Everybody shares their best ideas right away.
- Ideas are immediately unanimously approved, improved, or rejected by the team.
- Action on approved ideas begins immediately.
- Conflict is always resolved swiftly and productively.
The Core Protocols are one way to make teams that have these characteristics.
Some of the things you’ll learn:
- Results-oriented behaviors,
- How to enter a state of shared vision with a team and stay there?
- How to create trust on a team?
- How to stay rational and healthy?
- How to make team decisions effectively?
- How to move quickly and with high quality towards the team’s goals?
Richard Kasperowski a signatory of the Manifesto for Greatness and cofounder of the Greatness Guild. He works as an Agile trainer and coach, Open Space facilitator, Core Protocols trainer and coach, and he volunteers as a CoderDojo mentor. Richard is the author of The Core Protocols: A Guide to Greatness. Follow him on Twitter at @rkasper.